I spent aaaaaaaaaaaaages researching pull ups we could use with Stevie and these Kijani ones have rave reviews in both Europe and the US. I am very excited to be the first to bring them here to Australia.
Kijani is a social business based in Kampala, Uganda that creates unique, high quality cloth diapers while empowering Ugandan mamas by creating jobs with fair wages and good working conditions.
One of their core values is empowerment – unemployment among women in Uganda is 58%! Kijani creates jobs that pay well above market rate in a good work environment with fair labor practices.
Pull up Features
- Handmade in Uganda
- Suitable for bigger bubs in two sizes - 2-4 years old and 4-6 years old.
- Traditional prints use Kitenge fabric which is cotton. The nappy has PUL backing to ensure it is waterproof.
- Snap in bamboo/cotton insert with space for boosting.
- EASY PULL UP! These have elastic sides and are easy for toddlers to pull up and down on their own. We have tested this on a 2y3m old and a 4 year old.
- Soft, with adjustable sides to fit bubs of different sizes
Note: If you are using them during the day then the insert will likely be sufficient, however depending how much your toddler pees overnight, you are likely to need to add a booster. During our testing, Jodi and I both had success overnight when adding in a trifold. There were no issues adding absorbency and the pull up remained easy to be pulled up/down.
- Small: waist 43-76 cm, rise 48 cm, leg opening 20-35cm
- Large: waist 45-91 cm, rise 53 cm, leg opening 22-40 cm.
If it seems your child could fit into either size, choose small if you would like a trimmer fit and large if you would like more absorbency.