One Little Sprout is proud to be 100% sweatshop, forced labour and child labour free. We are committed to only stocking ethically made products which means that all of the people who make the products we sell receive fair wages and working conditions.
We strongly believe in sustainability and reducing our environmental footprint so we show and teach our children the importance of looking after the planet for future generations.
- Only stock ethically made products - fair work conditions, reasonable hours, safe and healthy workspaces, employment is freely chosen.
- Work with small businesses - currently, all businesses are run by women.
- OLS donates 5% of profits to charity. Learn more about how we are Giving Back.
- OLS is donating $1 from the sale of each item in our 'Growing' release to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
- Customers are able to donate either through financial contributions at checkout, or donated products.
- Low income discount packs to ensure everyone has the opportunity to access ethically made cloth nappies
- We are aiming to improve our accessibility - all social media posts include image descriptions and videos include closed captions and transcripts.
For the planet:
- Products are reusable and will last for many years (obviously not the soaps!)
- Seconds items through Imperfectly Eco - this reduces business waste and provides an affordable option for customers
- Recyclable packaging
- Where possible, we provide information about end-of-life suggestions to ensure products are donated, recycled, or composted
- Stock is ordered once per release to reduce carbon emissions from shipping. Many of the brands I stock are local to me so I will pick up my orders in person.
- I make my own recycled paper and use this to write my customers thank you notes.
- I use pencils made from recycled papers instead of pens.
- Orders are wrapped in recycled Kraft paper and string that can be reused for craft activities or recycled.
- Our packaging is either compostable or recyclable and we aim to ship items using Sendle, Australia’s first carbon-neutral delivery service. On some routes this is not possible and we will use Australia Post.
- We utilize local pick-up wherever possible (COVID-19 permitting!) – our customers can collect their orders from Epping, NSW.
We know there is always more to be done and more ways that we can improve. If you have ideas about how we can improve, please email me at email@example.com