Do the cooler months make you sad because you can’t show off all the cute nappies in your stash?
Monarch and One Little Sprout have joined forces to design the perfect solution: thigh-high legwarmers WITH FEET - we call them Leg Ups!! No more having to try and match nappies to legwarmers AND socks!
Laura and Eunica have been planning these since early 2019 and we are super excited
for this second release and to share our collaboration with you.
Product Features you will love:
- Unique, self-drafted design – this design has been in the works for two years! I felt if it’s cold enough to put legwarmers on my daughter, Stevie, then she really needed socks as well. and then she looked weird in a mash up of so many colours, so we decided to combine the two!
- Bamboo – super comfortable, soft bamboo socks with spandex for stretch. This means they are the perfect fit for both skinny minnies and bubs with chunky thighs and great for sensitive skin!
- Non-slip dots – we have added non-slip dots to the soles of the feet to ensure bub won’t slip and slide, especially when they are learning to walk! These have been improved for our second release
- Soft thigh elastics – this means they stay up but don’t dig in or leave red marks. Stevie wore them for a whole day while running around and playing and they were still above her knee at the end of the day without being adjusted once.
- One size – these will suit bubs from approx. 9m – 2 years of age*
- Perfect for toilet training – These are THE BEST for toilet training!!! No having to quickly take off pants, or getting leggings wet if there are accidents. Instead, Stevie can wear her legwarmers and keep her legs and toes toasty (and dry)!
- 78& bamboo, 19% nylon, 3% spandex
Ethical and Sustainability Features:
- Bamboo is a sustainable crop that is fast growing, doesn’t require fertiliser and self-regenerates from its own roots so it doesn’t need to be replanted. It requires a lot less water, pesticides and labour than other materials. However, the manufacturing process of turning bamboo into fabric does still involve some chemicals so it isn’t completely chemical free.
- Ethically made at a BSCI certified factory. We have been in regular contact with the factory over approx. 8 months while designing and improving this product.
We recommend washing at a maximum of 40 degrees to preserve the longevity of your legwarmers.
They have been washed in 60 degree nappy washes without any issues, however this
hasn’t been tested on a long term basis.
End of product life:
If bub has grown out of their Leg Ups there are a few different options for you - you could pass them on to a friend, donate them to a charity shop, or send them for fabric recycling at H&M.
We have tried to minimize packaging as much as possible. The cardboard tag can be composted or recycled, and the little bit of plastic that holds to socks together can either be recycled (check with your local council) or added to your general waste bin.
*Every child is different, and we know these won’t be a perfect fit for every child. We
have done our best to test on a range of ages, shapes and sizes, but there are always
We would love your feedback so we can take on any improvement opportunities. Let us know what you think!
Photos by Nix at Virtual Memories Photography.