Wrappies™ are designed for parents who are looking for a minimalist, natural and sustainable way to use cloth nappies on their kids.
Wrappies™ preflats are made from natural, certified organic bamboo fibres with approx. 5% spandex added for stretch. This means they are incredibly soft while also stretchy so they hug your bub and give the perfect fit while staying super trim!
They are very fast drying which means you don’t need too many – perfect for anyone looking for an affordable and minimalist stash!
Three sizing options:
- Newborn: approx. 2-6kg
- OSFM: 5-20kg
- Night: 5-20kg
- Newborn: 31cm long x 34cm (wings)
- OSFM: 41.5cm long x 47cm (wings)
- Night: 77cm long x 51cm (wings)
- 2 layers of super soft and absorbent 240gsm certified organic bamboo with 5% spandex added for stretch. This ensures that you get a tight and soft fit around bubs of all shapes and sizes.
- When folded, the OSFM and newborn nappies provide 6 layers of absorbency and the night nappy provides 12 layers (or more depending on the nappy fold).
- Easy to boost if required – simply lay in an additional insert or one of the Wrappies™ certified organic cotton wipes.
- Wrappies™ are designed to be used with Snappis or nappy pins as well as a nappy cover (wool, microfleece or PUL).
- The fabric is natural bamboo which has been prewashed by the manufacturer. There should be little shrinkage.
Wrappies™ preflats are ethically made in India to high standards. Laura, spent over 6 months assessing a number of manufacturers to ensure they met ethical manufacturing standards. Some key ethical manufacturing considerations:
- Employs approximately 40 staff from the local area, supporting the local community, and providing a safe and friendly workplace.
- The factory has strong labour policies in place. All staff are trained regarding fair work standards including forced labour, child labour, discrimination, harassment and abuse. Proof of age documents are required for all staff.
- Staff are protected in their right to freedom of association, to form or join unions, and collective bargaining. There is a Workers Committee which meets regularly and staff report they are comfortable raising concerns directly with management.
- Staff are all salaried workers who are paid fair wages on time, including paid leave.
- The factory has emphasised their commitment to human rights and has an established policy for implementation.
- The factory conducts regular training and safety drills. As a result, no accidents have been reported since the factory opened in 2016.
- The factory has a plan in place to ensure their suppliers also meet these requirements.
- Regular Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audits